Who’s taking part in the Dubnium Zone

I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here! is back this March. Between the 4th and the 15th, students at ten schools will be putting their questions to six scientists in the Dubnium Zone.

For the latest news and announcements about the event, find us on Twitter @imascientist, and follow the hashtag, #IASUK.

Photos of the six scientists taking part in the Dubnium Zone

The Dubnium Zone is a general zone supported by the Science & Technology Facilities Council.

Tori Blakeman | Impact and Engagement Officer, STFC

Using social media and written text, I tell stories about all of the fantastic science and innovation happening at the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).

Titus Mutwiri | PhD Student, International Livestock Research Institute

I look for organisms that cause diseases in humans and animals and study them so as to get a solution to the problems they cause in living beings.

Stuart Higgins | Research Associate in Innovative Materials, Imperial College London

I make tiny beds of nails which can be used to inject medicines into individual cells.

Hannah Dalgleish | PhD Student, Astrophysics Research Institute

I look at hundreds of stars that huddle tightly together and figure out how they move in order to understand their history!

Gill Harrison | Radiographer and Lecturer, City University of London

I am a radiographer who specialises in ultrasound scanning and run the ultrasound course at City, University of London.

Alessandro NovellinoRemote Sensing Geoscientist, British Geological Survey

My work involves studying ground motion from space!

The Schools

• The James Hornsby School, Basildon
  • Silverdale School, Sheffield
  • Somervale School Specialist Media Arts College, Radstock
  • Simon Balle All-Through School, Hertford
  • Gordano School, Bristol
  • Ryburn Valley High School, Sowerby Bridge
  • Allerton High School, Leeds
  • Summerhill School, Kingswinford
  • Robert May’s School, Hook
  • Queen Elizabeth School
Posted on February 20, 2019 by moderrol in News. Leave a comment